The directors of the Taylor-Odom Foundation are pleased to announce that it is awarding the sum of $180,000 in college scholarships for the 2023 calendar year. The recipients are nine Liberty County students graduating from area high schools in May. Since its inception, the Taylor-Odom Foundation has awarded more than $980,000 in scholarships. The recipients are:
- Benjamin Williams - Dayton, $20,000
- Carleigh Clark - Dayton, $20,000
- Maiyah Phoummarath - Dayton, $20,000
- Maria Brito - Dayton, $20,000
- Zannie Sanchez - Dayton, $20,000
- Madilyn Day - Hardin, $20,000
- Kaidyn Smith - Hull-Daisetta, $20,000
- Kamrie Martin, Hull-Daisetta, $20,000
- Mason Miller - Liberty, $20,000
The Taylor-Odom Foundation was founded to honor two parents who instilled in their children that knowledge through higher education and hard work are the keys to a good life.
Each year the Foundation will provide scholarships to graduating seniors from Liberty County, Texas who may not be able to afford higher education.